Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 51 by Judy

One Of Us Has Got To Go!

The NWGs went on our last photo walk for this series of the NWG's 52 week project. We went to Viera Wetlands. They had the wetlands blocked off to car traffic, so we walked the perimeter of a couple of the lakes/wetlands. These two herons gave us quite a show. The bottom one was just giving the other heron all kinds of grief for unknown reasons. The Great Blue Heron is usually a picture of calm and peacefulness, so witnessing and listening to all the racket this one bird was displaying was quite unusual. It's times like this, I wish I had a big honking lenses, but good things come to those who wait. This was taken with my 18-250mm zoom. Applied Topaz Photo Pop filter and some cropping.

3 comments:

  1. Nice capture!! I clicked almost exactly the same photo! Must have been taken at the same second. I was thinking of posting it also, but won't. :) The light was perfect and golden for this shot and you did a great job of stopping the action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid we all might have the same photo..LOL! Actually, it might fun if we all posted almost the same photo. Just a thought.

      Delete
  2. Great capture. I did not get this one. My shot was before or after. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete