Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 40 by Becky

Red Shoes

Well, I did not make it to the camera club field trip, like Robin and Judy did, due to my son's soccer game.  I instead, tried to cause bodily harm to myself.  Seriously!  There is a website (www.dpchallenge.com) that I enter photographs into and they currently have a challenge called Leap Day: In the Syte Of: Natsumi Hayashi.  I went to her website at http://yowayowacamera.com/ to check out her style.  It is very impressive and you need to take a look at this young woman's style.  Anyway, I thought I would give it go.  Nearly killed myself.  Well, it's more likely that I nearly caused myself some bodily harm.  It's not so easy trying to do a photograph in her style.  This is just one of many.  After I fell and scraped up my hands, I figured this was not my forte.  My son felt sorry for me and did the jumping in the air for me, which I love.  He jumps much higher than me.  Since I went through all this pain myself, I figured it had to go on this week's no wimpy girls blog.  Played with some Topaz Adjust filters to make the shoes stand out.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You are floating! I never knew about Natsumi Hayashi and her wonderful blog! What a great idea! You did great for a first (and probably last) attempt! I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly! I like the shadow and simplicity of the shot! The framing effect is nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I wonder how many people had scrapes and bruises, or maybe even some broken bones, from entering this DP challenge? :-) Great job on your first attempt! Her website is very cool...what an imaginative girl.

    ReplyDelete