Friday, September 2, 2011

Week 14 by Judy

Close Encounters

I had three more flowers from my Christ in the Manger cactus bloom last night. I posted a photo of the blooming flowers of this same cactus on Week 8, but decided to shoot the buds this time. I think the bud is also very pretty and unusual looking. It almost looks like some sort of alien creature to me. The flower opened up just a few hours after I took this photo. Very little editing done; just some cropping and a little bit of lightening of the bud. It was shot using a black velvet background.

2 comments:

  1. You did this bud justice. It is absolutely beautiful. Lighting is spot on. You were right the bud is just as pretty as the flower. You are becoming an awesome pro with that macro lens. Can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Beautiful and graceful! It does look like an alien pod! I agree with Becky. Your lighting and tones are just perfect. The solid black background brings out the details of the bud nicely! You are just starting out with your macro lens and getting stunning shots! I can't wait to see more! Macro lenses are such fun because they bring a world of surprises on your computer screen that you didn't see when you took the shot!

    Becky I am happy to see you are getting a macro lens, also!

    ReplyDelete